Saturday 13 December 2008

I knitted this hot water bottle cover for my sister using some wool from my stash - it's a Christmas present, which I must post in the next couple of days.


This is just about the only preparation I have done for Christmas so far, other than put up the tree. I am so envious of The Nester and the 150+ bloggers who have posted pictures of their beautiful garlands. I don't have a fireplace, or anywhere to put up a garland, and have been searching EBay for a fire surround, but I might just resort to a shelf, so that I can put some candles and pine cones.

I've neglected my blog recently - here are a couple of recent highlights in my life:
  • A visit to the Country Living Christmas Fair in November - my daughter met me in London and we had a lovely afternoon...












  • My son and I had a short holiday in Herefordshire and stayed in a lovely barn conversion, and had a really enjoyable day Llama-trekking

2 comments:

willow said...

Hello Denise, its lovely to hear from you again.
We had a night away in Hereford in October half-term. It is a lovely place surrounded by beautiful countryside - we stopped at Malvern this time, another lovely place with tremendous views from the hills.

Mrs Mac said...

I LOVE llamas and alpacas!
Have you ever been to Ashdown Forest Llama Park? (Sussex)