Sunday 25 March 2007

You have to start somewhere

I have wanted to start a blog for a long time, but keep hesitating; who would be interested in my ramblings and opinions? I lurk around in the blogsphere, reading blogs by knitters, crafters, recyclers, mothers, gardeners - people like me. Although I almost never post a comment I feel I am getting to know many of the bloggers I visit regularly and I really like the way people are getting together with people around the world, sharing their views, their achievements, their tragedies. I don't know yet how this will develop, but you have to start somewhere.

I'm a 50+ woman, living in Essex, UK, and mother of two adult children; (AD) my amazing daughter is 20 and away at University and (AS) my amazing son is 18, autistic and lives at home with me, and we have two beautiful rabbits, Bramble and Clover. I like reading, knitting, sewing, gardening and diy. I once imagined my life would be filled with these things, but bringing up children and working didn't allow enough time for these hobbies, but now I am making more time for myself. I am also interested in environmental issues, and wish I had more time for walking and looking at trees and birds.

I hope this blog will be a place I can talk about the things that I enjoy and what I am doing at the moment. I'm going to pick up my knitting now and watch Medium. See you soon.

No comments: